Python is a snake but we are not taking about a snake here. We are talking about a programming language.
- Object Oriented
- High-level programming language.
- Multi-Purpose Programming Language
What is it used for?
Python is used for the following:
- Developing Websites -backend
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
It was nice that PHP was for along time helped with free resources and many docs.
Python was invented was conceived’ in the 1980’s by Guido Van Rossum from Netherlands. It was launched in 1990s.
Reason why Python’s sudden Popularity
Python is not a new language but suddenly it has become popular. There must be reasons (I was wondering) for which it has become popular.
Listen below are some advantages of Python:
- Python has an active Community
- Some Well-known Sponsors. – When a programming language has great sponsors, it is big advantage. Like C# is backed by Microsoft, Java was backed by Sun, etc. Python is used by Google since 2006. There are various resources created by Google for Python.
- Python Uses Big Data- Big Data is used in cloud computing and this another reason Python is popular.
- Great Libraries- Python has libraries that can save your time.
Python is popular with Developers and this usually be cause of efficiency. It is true for any language.
Here are three main reasons why Python is popular with Developers:
- Productivity Increased-This means you write fewer lines of code perform an operation as compared to Java and C++.
- Code is easy in comparison-The code easy in comparison to Java. So same job or task saves resources when doing in Python.
- IOT- Python is used in IOT or Internet of Things.
Python is great for web development.
There are few frameworks for Web development using Python.
Most Commonly used:
- Django –A great Python framework.
- Flask-Another Popular framework of Python
Installing in Windows:
Many of us are using Windows and other Operating systems.
Pre requisites of installing Python:
- Windows 10 with Admin Privileges
- Command Prompt (already in Windows)
Steps to Install Python in Windows:
- Select Version of Python to use.
- Download Installer
- Run Executable
Great, you have installed. This article is not showing every step since you should now bye now know how to install. Do not take errors as some curse. Rather you learn when you make mistakes. I remember in 2003, where technological resources were scarce and technology was not promoted by government then.
I had to figure out how to Install PHP, Apache and mySQL separately and connect them together until Xampp came. If you are a PHP developer and starting from trying to install Xampp. Hold it, no install the traditional way. That is if you want
to be a great developer.
- Go to the place python.exe was installed and click it.
- You will see a black command Prompt like window. Something written like: “Python 3.7.3……”. Yes, you got Python installed.
- Test if PIP is installed after finding in the directory.
- “PIP Help”
If you are still stuck in Installation then visit this link.
The Main code
We try to figure out how we start. It is very simple.
We add two simple numbers, integers.
But let us go quickly to Python basics
- Numbers: int, float, Complex numbers
- Tuple-a sequence of numbers which cannot be altered.
- Boolean types
Python Code to add two numbers:
x = 5
y = 10
print (x + y)
We see how python solves a Quadratic Equation.
The formula for quadratic equation is: ax2 + bx + c=0.
a, b and c are all co efficient and real numbers.
The discrimant ,D=b2–4ac.
Solutions of x are:
- If D is positive, we have two solutions.
- IF D is negative no solutions.
- If zero repeated solutions.
The above is from maths in school.
We go the code:
from math import sqrt
check_input = True
a, b, c = eval(input(“Please enter the a, b, c coefficients of your quadratic equation: “))
float(a), float(b), float(c)
check_input = False
print (“Please make sure the coefficients are real numbers and try again”)
check_input = True
disc = sqrt(b*b-4*a*c)
if disc >=0:
x1 = (-b+disc)/(2*a)
x2 = (-b-disc)/(2*a)
print (“The roots of the equation are:”, x1, x2)
print (“The equation has no solutions”).
It is seen that the code needed for a certain operation in python is less for than in other languages.
Applications of Python:
Where are we applying Python? First time I heard about Python, reminded me of the Movie” Anaconda”.
We people in the IT Sector keep giving catchy names:
Application areas of Python:
Here list of areas where Python is applied:
- Web Development
- Desktop GUI
- OS development
- Image Processing-like GIMP,Scribus, Paintshop Pro.
There are well known Softwares using all or parts of Python:
- YouTube-Using lot of Python code
This is really interesting and all the more to start learn Python.
But you do have to learn Programming first.
Python happens to be the trend in Programming, something like when PHP was around 2000.
Our previous post on programming talks about languages to be learnt initially.